Battery volume, screen diagonal, case thickness, number of cores – what has not been measured by smartphone manufacturers throughout the industry? And now companies are competing not only in megapixels, but also in the number of cameras as well.
Does the device really need so many modules or is it just another marketing move? Today we will try to answer this question and at the same time look at the best smartphones with 4 cameras.
In order for the review to meet the needs of all readers, we have considered not only leading models but also smartphones with excellent characteristics from the middle price segment.
TOP 9 best smartphones with 4 cameras
Consumers could never have imagined that it will be possible to take pictures with a regular phone that’ll compete with good digital cameras and even entry-level DSLRs.
But now, this is a reality and yes, the presence of 4 cameras in a smartphone at once is largely the reason for such success.
Of course, in most cases, only a few modules are included, and the rest act as auxiliary. But it is still impossible to implement the same functionality by other means.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links (they will lead you to products and services we recommend). Hence, we’ll earn a commission for each successful purchase you make through them.
What to consider when choosing a camera phone
Naturally, the choice of a specific set of modules depends on your needs. What else should you look for when buying a camera phone? We decided to make a list of 5 main parameters according to the average buyer:
- vault … If the phone can take pictures well, then you will regularly take pictures of your favorite cat, beautifully prepared food, unique architecture, close friends, landscapes, and hundreds of other things. And to store them, the smartphone needs the right amount of internal memory. Even better if the storage is supplemented by a separate tray for installing two SIMs and a memory card.
- show … The bigger and more natural it’s color rendering, the better the picture will be taken on a smartphone. And a large screen is also needed for watching videos, surfing the Internet, chatting with friends, playing games and other tasks.
- “Iron” … Mobile games are becoming more popular. Gradually, in terms of content and graphics, they approach, if not the computer, then consolidate projects for sure. And to avoid having to watch slideshows and crashes, the phone needs hardware to ensure high performance.
- battery … You won’t be able to play for a long time, watch videos for hours or shoot all day if your smartphone runs out of power even in the afternoon. However, the capacity battery, combined with good system optimization, will save you from such trouble.
- NFC … When you leave the house, you can forget everything, including the wallet, documents, and even the keys to the apartment. But not many of them will go out without a smartphone. And having an NFC module in your smartphone will help you pay for travel, products, or services, even when you don’t have money or bank cards on hand.
9. Realme 5 Pro 128GB
In recent years, consumers have become accustomed to the phrase “top for your money” referring to Xiaomi products. But apparently BBK has decided to change the rules through realme brand smartphones.
This brand uses the best practices of Vivo and Oppo, owned by the same group of companies from the Middle Kingdom. Thanks to this, the Chinese smartphone with 4 cameras Realme 5 Pro turned out to be cheap, but very functional.
If you want to save even more, then choose the usual “five”. In addition, unlike the 5 Pro, it received NFC.
The photographic capabilities of the reviewed smartphone merit its price. though at night, everything is not traditionally fun, on the other hand, you can expect high details and color from photos in good lighting.
- separate micro SD card slot
- fast charging
- stylish design of the back panel
- good speaker sound
- stable 30 fps and higher in all games
- nice branded shell.
- there are flaws in the firmware of some models
- there is no NFC, although it is in realme 5.
8. OPPO A9 (2020) 4 / 128GB
Next up is another cheap phone that also has every chance of becoming very popular among budget buyers. Priced at $238, the smartphone offers a powerful hardware platform that is sufficient for demanding applications and modern games.
Let’s immediately answer the readers’ question: no, the pixel density of 270 ppi does not cause any discomfort at all and the pixels will not be noticed with the usual model of use.
But you can see the advantages of a contrast ratio of 1500: 1 and a maximum brightness of 480 cd / m2. But even if that doesn’t make you reach for your wallet, then we to mention the fact that it has NFC, a 5000 mAh battery, and cool stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos support.
- good power for the price
- sound quality and sound margin
- support for 2 SIM cards
- rear camera for 4 modules (48 + 8 + 2 + 2 MP)
- 128 GB storage and non-hybrid boards
- long operation from one charge.
- low-resolution wide-angle camera
- outdated Micro-USB connector.
7. Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro 6 / 128GB
Xiaomi has the largest number of cameras today. Of course, we are talking about the Mi Note 10 model, in which 5 modules are installed at once.
In addition, this was done very carefully, so the smartphone turned out to be quite nice. The same can be said for the Redmi Note 8 Pro presented in our review.
Three rear camera modules for this phone are lined with a fingerprint scanner. Another, along with the flash, is located on the side. The front camera is located in a tear slot, which made it possible to keep the frames around the screen to a minimum.
The Redmi Note 8 Pro received all the necessary interfaces, including an infrared port and an NFC module. And there is a jack for connecting cable headphones.
Nevertheless, the smartphone lacks only a separate microSD board. But this is not a problem, as a 128-gigabyte chip is soldered to the phone’s board.
- productive “filling”
- sample design works
- bright and rich IPS screen
- presence of NFC
- solid equipment
- great cameras
- battery with a capacity of 4500 mAh
- variety of interfaces.
6. HUAWEI New 5T
Metal frame, Gorilla Glass front and back, classic black, bright blue and unusual purple colors to choose from, as well as minimal frames around the screen – all this will be offered by the Nova 5T model from Huawei.
The front lens of the smartphone with 4 cameras has a resolution of 32 MP, and it is located in an almost invisible rounded slot in the upper left corner of the 6.26-inch display.
The Nova 5T’s fingerprint scanner is located on the right side (combined with the power button). Right-wingers will probably like this option more than others, but left-wingers may have to get used to this solution.
The smartphone has quite powerful hardware that handles games well. But don’t rush to install all the big Play Market projects right away, as the 5T has only 128 GB of memory and, alas, there is no expansion slot here.
- three gorgeous colors
- high quality IPS display
- the camera displays perfectly in night mode
- pleasant sound
- one of the best in its price range
- performance at an acceptable level
- the amount of built-in memory
- side fingerprint scanner.
- digital zoom only
- no micro SD slot
- very easily soiled back panel.
5. Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T 4 / 64GB
Some users were not too happy with the fact that the first Redmi Note smartphone with the NFS module received a processor from MediaTech. And although the G90T’s quality is at its best, and its performance is head and shoulders above Qualcomm’s comparable price platforms, there are still dissatisfied buyers.
Well, in this case, we offer you another smartphone with four cameras from Xiaomi with NFC – Redmi Note 8T.
The 8T cameras are slightly lower than the older model in the range. But with the right manual settings here you can get no less colorful frames.
The reviewed smartphone is based on the Snapdragon 665 processor and Adreno 610 graphics, supplemented by 4 GB of RAM.
Yes, the platform is not of the highest class, but it is enough for already launched projects. It also has less non-volatile memory (64 GB). But it can be expanded with a microSD card without sacrificing a second SIM card.
- motivated costs
- quality of construction and design
- rear camera imaging capabilities
- pleasant appearance
- rigid mounting
- separate memory card slot
- infrared port and NFC module.
- there is no indicator
4. Vivo V17
What other option for the location of the rear camera can you think of to be both original and not look strange?
The imagination of the designers of vivo knows no bounds for sure – they have placed 4 camera modules in a small diamond in the center of the rear panel. The color of the latter, by the way, looks fantastic.
It is good that manufacturers continue to pay attention to this nuance, although smartphones are usually worn in cases.
The hardware platform of the smartphone with 4 rear cameras from Vivo is similar to the device from Xiaomi described above, so there are no problems with games.
The Smartphones are also similar in terms of a set of cameras, which allows you to take great pictures, especially in good lighting conditions. But the V17’s 6.38-inch screen is made with AMOLED technology, which made it possible to place a fast optical fingerprint scanner under it.
- capacitive battery 4500 mAh;
- the fingerprint sensor is on the screen;
- good hardware performance;
- 128 GB storage + 256 GB microSD (own slot);
- 8 gigabytes of RAM;
- complete with fast charge;
- cool back panel design.
3. Honor 20 Pro 8 / 256GB
Next in our review of the best smartphones with 4 cameras is the 20 Pro model of Honor.
It is presented in several colors with a beautiful overflow, and the smartphone weighs quite moderately by modern standards, 182 grams. The front panel of the mobile phone occupies a 6.26-inch screen.
It is made by IPS technology, so it is not yet possible to install a fingerprint scanner underneath; in this smartphone, it is built into the lock button.
If you want to save a little, you can take the usual Honor 20. Both devices are similar in design, size and features. In the younger version, however, the battery is 250 mAh less, the memory is 6/128 GB for RAM / ROM, respectively, and the fourth module is the depth sensor instead of 3x optical zoom.
The main camera of the device includes sensors with 48, 16, 8, and 2 megapixels. The aperture of each of them is f / 1.4, f / 2.2, f / 2.4 and f / 2.4, respectively.
Optical stabilization and 3x magnification without loss of quality on-site. The device also has an NFC for contactless payment and a large storage capacity of 256 GB (but without a micro SD slot).
- several colors to choose from
- good optimization and independence
- power Kirin 980 and Mali-G76
- fast operation of the fingerprint sensor
- 8 GB RAM and 256 GB memory.
- no support for memory cards.
2. HUAWEI P30 Pro
Some choose the perfect value for money in a smartphone, while others just want to get the best. At Huawei, the best is in the Mate 30 Pro.
It is true that the procedures with the US government forced the Chinese to remove Google services from this model. Therefore, the P30 Pro is now the ideal option.
There is hardly any doubt issued in the spring of 2021 that the flagship smartphone will not handle any games or applications. It also handles autonomy well, as the 4200 mAh battery easily lasts a day.
All four cameras remain among the best here, offering optical stabilization, 5x optical zoom, and a gorgeous night mode.
- desktop smartphone mode
- impressive performance
- independence and performance
- protection according to IP68 standard
- shooting both during the day and at night
- instant fingerprint scanner
- the quality of night shooting when using AI
- high speed battery charging.
- flagship, but only with a mono speaker.
1. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
And finally, our review ends with the best cameras on the market. Yes, to be completely honest, the aforementioned Mate 30 Pro, like its regular version, still bypasses the South Korean smartphone in the DxOMark rankings. But for obvious reasons, we don’t consider these devices, so the Galaxy Note 10+ is out of competition.
The cameras here are really cool and can blur the background not only for photos but also for videos. This feature doesn’t work perfectly, but it’s pretty good. And you can paint with a stylus on both photos and rollers, and the software will remember what and how you drew, moving it all into the frame along with the face.
By the way, the stylus is one of the main advantages of the Galaxy Note 10+ and indeed the entire line of these smartphones in general. This time, in addition to additional functionality in the form of a remote photo session, scrolling through presentations and other things, the S Pen also received a 6-axis motion sensor. True, so far there is not much practical use of this.
- 3D camera for determining the depth of the scene
- stylus functionality
- one of the fastest charges
- productive hardware platform
- 12 gigabytes of RAM at once
- expansion slot with support for micro SD up to 1 TB
- 6.8-inch screen with a resolution of 3040 × 1440.
- the battery, although roomy (4300 mAh), does not last very long.
Which smartphone with 4 cameras should you buy
There is no such difference in the quality of photography between flagships and middle peasants, which was observed a few years ago. That’s why our editors compiled a rating of the best smartphones with four cameras not only from the best devices but also included available solutions.
For example, realme 5 Pro and Redmi Note 8T are great solutions for those who want to buy a cool smartphone at the most affordable price. The Vivo V17 is also an excellent choice – a phone that has received a fingerprint scanner on the sub-screen. If you want to buy the perfect, albeit expensive, option for work, choose Galaxy Note 10+.